Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

if you have had to have 3 surgurys within 4 month and ...

if you have had to have 3 surgurys within 4 month and are 65 over-weight, can it effect your memory. I seem to be having a memory loss at work and fear it might be jeopodizing my job.
Please advise
Hi

What surgeries did you have?

Were there any complications?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Breat Cancer--Removel of both breast plus reconstructive surgury. Serveral problems and still have to go in again on 4-26 and try and lift left breast. Implants are in however but still not complete. Nipples are not in either
Hi

Any problems during the surgery with low blood pressure or low oxygen levels?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No problems. I do have high blood pressure but it's under control. It just seems my memory is getting worse. My company has been very supportive, but now with my memory, I believe they have had just about enough.
Hi

Some surgeries can affect memory and intellectual function - especially cardiac surgery. Patients who have had long and complicated surgery especially if low blood pressure/oxygen levels are a problem are also at risk.

You can ask someone to take you through the mini mental state exam - I have posted a link about it below.

If you seem to have a genuine problem then you need to see your Dr.

Dr Jef

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000152/
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My first surgury was 9 1/2 hours
The 2nd was 5 hours
The 3rd was 3 1/2
would this apply to me?
I am not a heart patient, so please just focus on me.
Thanks
Hi

No I was just giving you an example to demonstrate that surgery can be associated with a deterioration in intellectual function.

A 91/2 hour surgery may be a problem if there were any intra-operative complications. You'd need a look at your anesthetic chart to find out.

Please do the test that I have posted.

If abnormal you will need full work up including a CT scan of your head.

Dr Jef