Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

my boss just came back from a week in mexico and was fine ...

my boss just came back from a week in mexico and was fine until today, he is getting sharp pains across his stomach just below his breastbone.

Can you describe the exact area of pain? Is he having nausea?

Is he still having pain? Any other symptoms? Any change in bowel movements?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
he says under the ribcage, no nausia, no other symtoms, pain extending right across

Is the pain on right side or left side of chest?

is he still having pain?

What is his blood pressure?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
he said it is right across , neither left or right so i guess more center, how can he check his blood pressure? we have no monitors in the office here, will heart rate help?

Most likely it seems to be non cardiac causes of chest pain like acid reflux , costochondritis , anxiety , stress,muscular pain , pinched nerve .

It seems a mascular pain.This condition is called as Costochondritis.It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall. yes e should check his heart rate too

He also needs to get a precautionary EKG to rule out heart disease . he can take tab motrin, and do get medical checkup from doctor.

Please accept my answer by using the green "accept" button. Also,please leave positive feedback!