Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

ultrasound..bleeding is down to alittle almost dark brown smear

i was hospitalize twice with bleeding , but sent home because my ultrasound show that the babies are doing fine with strong heartbeats, however the bleeding is down to alittle almost dark brown smear, they said i my have a torn placenta, which takes a while to heal, i just want to know if its normal for some women to bleed and the it goes away

That the bleeding is down to very little, and your babies are fine, then I would not be worried at this point. Yes- some women do have spotting and extremely light bleeding which is normal for them. In fact, spotting can be completely normal throughout pregnancy. Brown means that this is just old blood that the body is just trying to get rid of. If however there is a foul odor, this would be indicative of infection and would need to be evaluated by a doctor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am in my 15wk i,ll be 16wks on thurs, and i was also wondering what elas to do if i should go back to work or take it easy for now

As far as work is concerned, this is something that your doctor needs to decide upon. So I would call up your doctor to find out what type of restrictions if any you are supposed to be following.