Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

midwife..swab repeated but the bleeding has now stopped since 5 days

i''ve just had ababy 4 weeks ago and my midwife had to do a swab as my loss was stopping and starting the last week. the doctor wants this swab repeated but the bleeding has now stopped since 5 days ago. can this still be done and is it anything to worry about.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
Dear mumsy 2008 .

Welcome to justanswer.com .

Can you please explain this in detail ?(my midwife had to do a swab as my loss was stopping and starting the last week)

Did you have a normal delivery ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes i had a normal delivery no stitches required. the blood loss was just like regular period for the first 7-10 days then it turned to brown staining. the staing then turned back to bright red but was not a heavy flow this continued for 2-3 days turning bacto brown. it continued like this for another few days then stopped. there was no bleeding or stainging for 2-3 days then i had a light pink staining for 2 days the midwife took a swab of the loss and now the doctor wants it repeated as the midwife has discharged me and the clinic said the results were to be discussed with midwife.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 8 years ago.
If there is no discharge at present, then the treatment protocol would be dependant on the report of the original test.
It may be possible to swab just the cervix/ vagina rather than the discharge, and this maybe useful in confirming the cause of the initial bleed.
The good news is that the stopping of the discharge is a good sign in any case, and hopefully no further evaluation maybe needed once you discuss this with your midwife,
regards
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.