Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

Im 5mths pregnant, I keep getting blurred vision

I''m 5mths pregnant, I keep getting blurred vision which is followed by a numbness down my left arm, pins and needles in my left finger tips and the left side of my face and my top lip feels strange. Also about once a week I get a fluttering across my chest with a shortness of breathe. What on earth could be wrong with me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.

Various problems spring to mind but the most probable given your age, the intermittent nature of your symptoms and the fact that you are pregnant in variant migraine.

You need to visit your GP for a physical exam and to have the diagnosis confirmed.

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr J Burk's Post: I paid £8 for that??? To be honest the numbness and pins and needles is a little more worrying to me, and how can it be a migraine when i don't have a hesdache?
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.

Migraine comes in many forms other than the classical headache.

Ocular migraine - for example - causes intermittent loss of vision

Hemiplegic migraine causes loss of power down one side of your body similar to a stroke

I too would be concerned about the numbness you have - you asked for an opinion and I gave you the most likely diagnosis based upon your description of your symptoms.

At your age a stroke is a rare event and intermittent symptoms are not typical.

Dr Jef

You can read more below.