Nurse Melissa
Nurse Melissa, Nurse
Experience:  LPN for 21 yrs, expertise in most areas, BLS certified, previous ACLS cert, prior BLS instructor
8971959

always had irregular periods..contraceptive pill..18 months last june

i am 22 yrs old and my husband and i have been trying for a baby since january. i have always had irregular periods but they always lasted exactly 7 days. i came off the contraceptive pill after being on it for 18 months last june and since then my periods have lasted between 3-5 days and been very light until now. my current period has lasted 20 days and has not been particulary heavy and has only been painfull on occassions. is there any reason for this and will it have and effect on us conceiving?? any help is very much appreciated.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Melissa replied 9 years ago.
Good morningCustomer my name is Melissa. Have you taken a pregnancy test to be sure you are not pregnant? If not you should. I would also recommend you make an appointment with your ob gyn doctor, so a pelvic exam can be done. Sometimes when women stop using the pill, they have these irregularities, but it is always better to be safe. Especially since you have had it 20 days already. I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you are satisfied, please click the green accept answer button. If you need to add more information, or ask another question, please feel free to do so. Thank you for using Just Answers for your health questions.