Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

my stomach over last few weeks..blockage at the back of my throat

Customer Question

Hi there,

I have been having problems with my stomach over last few weeks. I feel bloated on occasions and when I am going to the toilet, I never feel completely relieved. I have been feeling nauseous, not all the time, but quite often and feel like I have a blockage at the back of my throat. I have been burping more than usual and having heatburn- something I never get. I feel sluggish and fed up because I''m feeling like this
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

Have you changed your diet recently?

Are you passing through an anxiety state recently?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: Hi, no to all these questions. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

By analyzing your history it seems to me that you are having dyspepsia like symptoms.

For your problem you need to do some life style modification.

Do some exercise in the morning.

Take plenty of water.

Take leafy vegetables, high fiber cereals, fruits, yogurt.

Beans, excess meat, milk, cabbage may produce more gas. Try to avoid these

Avoid coffee, alcohol, cigarette

You may try OTC Prilosec(Omeprazole) 20mg before food 2times daily for few days. If it helps, continue for 4 weeks only in the morning.

Charcoal or Simethicone preparation helps to absorb extra gas which may make you bloat.

If it does not help you should consult a gastroenterologist for physical examination and complete evaluation.

You may need ultrasonogram and or endoscopy to make a diagnosis.

If you need further clarifications, I will be happy to explain you.

If you find this information helpful, please press ACCEPT button. Bonus is appreciated.

Your Positive Feed back is very important to me. Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: i AM VERY CONFUSED! Dr XXXXX XXXXX has just answered my question, I don't know why two people are answering. His answer is very different from yours!
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
By analyzing your problem I have given you some dietary and life style modication management which will help to control your symptoms.

With the similar problems there may be many causes.

On net without examining you we can not give the final diagnosis. It will be done by your doctor with physical examination and necessary investigations.

That is why I avoided to give you a definitive diagnosis and I told you to try the medicine for few days only for temporary releif till you reach your doctor.

If you are not satisfied with my answer, no need to press the accept button.

I will advise you to consult a gastroenterologist for proper management.

In net we can only guide you, we can not treat you.

Thank you for seeking advice from Just answer.