Dr F.Faraz
Dr F.Faraz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,FCPS. Experience in Medicine, Surgery Gynae/OBS and Ophthalmology
9268425

Can a urinary tract infection cause me to miss my period

I want to know because I had one. But at the same time I am trying to get pregnant.

HelloCustomer

Well its not possible that UTI could lead to a missed period, but yes pregnancy can lead to UTI. So if you are almost 2 weeks over your due date you should be going for Home pregnancy test and ten a blood pregnancy test.

Hopefully this was helpfull and best of luck with your pregnancy test

Take care Dr Faiqa

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr F.Faraz's Post: Ok another question. My last mentraul was on Febuary the 25, 2008 & was due on March 24, 2008 By today being April 1, 2008 today & my mentraul is still late. Is there a possiblity I can be pregnant?

Hi there,

Well the good news here is that you could be pregnant, as you are 8 days past your due date, to be sure you need to wait a week /6-7 days more and then once you are 2 weeks past your due date you could go for a home pregnancy test or a blood pregnancy test for B Hcg.

Well if you want to know right away, you can also go for the blood tests right now as it would be positive if you are pregnant but the home pregnancy test won't be so accurate. The Home pregnancy test can be false negative right now as the level of your pregnancy hormones may not be detectable by the Home pregnancy test.

Once again best of luck with your pregnancy test

Take care

Dr Faiqa

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr F.Faraz's Post: Ok thank you so much&have a bless day.

Hello

Well take care and do let me know about the progress

Feel free to contact me for any further querries

DR Faiqa

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr F.Faraz's Post: Ok I will