AndeeRN, Nurse
Experience:  28 years in nursing. Emergency, cardiac, internal medicine, triage for adults and pediatric patient

it feels like a mule has kicked him in the chest and his heart feels

Customer Question

my husband says that it feels like a mule has kicked him in the chest and his heart feels like it is fluttery. then if you take his pulse rate his heart is skipping a beat at a rate of 4 to 5 times a minute. then beats again 2 times. he is light headed and vomitting alot. has lost his appetite. and is very dizzy.
Category: Health
Expert:  AndeeRN replied 8 years ago.

Dear Wilbanks,

Your husband may currently be having some heart problems. He needs to go to ER immediatly. I would call an ambulance and not risk taking him yourself.

I am sorry I could not give you a milder answer.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
he was admitted to the hospital for the same symptoms on friday and let out on sunday afternoon. the doctor says that he does not know why it is happening and he has never seen anything like it before. so i am afraid to take him back to the same hospital just to be discharged again with no answers. please tell me what to do
Expert:  AndeeRN replied 8 years ago.

It may have been some angina symptoms that resolved. I have really no other advice than he needs to go back to the ER. The symptoms as a whole are too suspicious for heart problems.

I wish I could give you an alternate answer. Did they do a stress test or any testing other than baseline bloodwork and EKGs?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes they did but still the doctor says he has never seen a heart do anything like that before. then the let him go home.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to AndeeRN's Post: coul these pains be brought on by stress? it seems they are worse @ those times.