Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.

I have pain in my legs they have a cold sensation that ...

I have pain in my legs they have a cold sensation that run down through my shins and front ankle area. It is very uncomfortable and painful
Since you are online, could you please give some more information:

What is your age?

How long have you had this?

Any diabetes?

I am available online to help you further after I get this info.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am 48 years old and it has been happening for about 3mo. I have not been diagnoised with diabetes

The commonest causes of such pain in the calf are:

Muscle Strain: Muscular strain is the most common cause of such pain. Perhaps you have been wearing some new shoes which are too high or put too much strain on your leg. You should give rest for some time and wear comfortable shoes.

Peripheral neuropathy: common conditions causing this are diabetes, Vit. B deficiency, etc

Lumbar disc lesion: This may be associated with pain in the back and weakness of the leg.

Vascular insufficiency: Atherosclerosis of arteries, spasm, etc, may cause vascular insufficiency. This might lead to claudication with pain in the calf muscles on walking which is relieved on rest.

Deep Vein Thrombosis: this is a condition when there is a blood clot formed within the deep veins. It requires urgent intervention.

Your symptoms are very suggestive of pain due to peripheral neuropathy.

You should consult your health provider. It is best that you go for a medical consultation for this.You may need tests like a nerve conduction study and Doppler study of the blood flow in your leg .

In the meantime, you should take Tab. Vit. B Complex and Cap. Vit. E as supplements, they are available OTC at all pharmacies. Other steps you should take are: You should keep your feet elevated at night, put a pillow under your feet. Avoid wearing high heels, wear comfortable shoes. Try to avoid straining your legs; do not stand for a long time. Wear loose comfortable underwear and clothing. Apply a lot of ice specially when there is pain. THese measures will help speed up the healing process.

You may consult these sites for more info:

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
As I was reading the information again I realized you were talking about my calves. It is the front of my leg. It feels like ice cold water running down my legs
I am sorry I mentioned calves specifically, but the condition is not confined to the calves. Peripheral neuropathy ocurs on the lower leg, either on the calves or the front , the shin region or the entire leg. ASo the answer is the same.

This does sound like peripheral neuropathy, yo should get it evaluated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you