Nurse J
Nurse J, Nurse
Experience:  12+ years experience in several areas. Area of expertise Emergency Room

can you get shingles on your feet i have these redpimples ...

Customer Question

can you get shingles on your feet? i have these redpimples with a clear bag on top and in between my toes ..and in between my big toe their was this big one where their was a gold looking fluid came out. and my feet are paining me and my mucles are swelled in my feet.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse J replied 8 years ago.
It is highly unlikely that you would have shingles on your feet. Shingles is caused by the Herpes Zoster virus, which is the same virus that causes the chicken pox. The virus lays dormant(hides) in the body, and usually comes out when you are stressed. The virus follows a nerve tract usually on the upper torso of the body. It is very painful and contagious. It does not affect the muscle or cause swelling in the muscle. An evaluation by a physician is recommended.