Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

Once you have MRSA, do you always have MRSA

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.

MRSA infections are treatable with antibiotics. It is however possible for it to recur after it is cured. However, there are certain things you can do to prevent it from coming back. This includes washing your hands thoroughly, making sure cuts and scrapes are covered with a clean bandage, not touching other people's wounds or bandages, and not sharing personal items like towels or razors. You can read more here
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This reply did not answer my question. I was told that once a person has MRSA they always have it. I don't agree with this statement, but the reply you sent doesn't really clarify this for me.
Customerbr />

As I stated above, it is treated and cured with antibiotics- so the answer to your question is no- once you have it you don't always have it. Just like all other types of infections, you can get the infection again. If you look at the link I provided, it will give you further information about MRSA.