Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.
7581006

I have itching around my anus and genitals. The itching is ...

I have itching around my anus and genitals. The itching is intense and in worse instances it almost burns. I have been sexually checked 3 times and nothing shows up as an std, but I have had this for the last two years and feel it was given to me by my partner. There are no other symptoms like lesions or even hives. Does anyone have a theory?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 6 years ago.

Is there any bumps?

Is the itching on and off?

Any skin dryness around the genital area aand the anus?

Is the itching relieved by anything?

Any redness?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Lani, BSN,RN's Post: I do have bumps on the shaft of the penis. My doctor doesn't think it is HPV.   Instead, he said more than likely it is "swollen grease glands." Also, I have noticed that the skin on my penis is dry and tends to flake (especially the head). Two years ago, when this started, I did have redness on my inner thighs kinda like diper rash. The skin around my anus tends to be very sensitive to wiping. Sweat seems to make the itching worse. Also, if it is helpful, I have a swollen prostate gland which doesn't seem to heal. My urologist has been feeding me every kind of antibiotic in the world and it never seems to heal. This started at the same time as the itching, but my urologist insists it is not a part.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The itching seems to come and go in intensity, but it seems to always be there. The winter months seem to have made it more mild itching.

HelloCustomer

The best way to know what your bumps are is to be examined by a doctor...since you have been examined by your doctor, then I would consider that your bumps on the penis shaft can be due to any local irritation or can be an ingrown hair and as what your doctor suggested can be swollen grease glands. the skin dryness in your penis with flakes most likely is caused by mild hypersensitivity reaction as well or can be also caused by lack of moisture, try to apply some hand lotions and observe if it is making it better.

The sensitive skin around your anus sounds like a hypersensitivity reaction as well. Try to keep the area clean and minimize wiping out the area, try to wash the area with warm water and a mild soap every after bathroom use. Try to use a bit loose underwear and garments. Try to apply vaseline in the area and observe if it offers some relief. A hydrocortisone cream 1% usually offers relief from itching, but be sure it is not some kind of fungal infection.

With regards XXXXX XXXXX swollen prostate gland which is not having improvement with anny antibiotics, most likely the cause of swelling is not infection or possibly you are getting the wrong kind of antibiotics. A urine culture and sensitivity test may help to determine if there is an going infection and the right antibiotics can be determined.

Try to follow up with your doctor.

Take care!

Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience: A Registered Nurse for 19 years.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Lani, BSN,RN's Post: Is there a kinda doctor who specializes in this? I have had absolutly no luck as far as general doctors. They seem to push the problem forward and never address the issue.

Since you have been tested negative for STD, you can see a dermatologist to check on the skin conditions on the areas around your genital and anus.

For swollen prostate, you need to see a urologist.

Good luck!