Ask Jon R. RT(R) ARRT,SCRQSA Cert. Your O...
Jon R. RT(R) ARRT,SCRQSA Cert.
Jon R. RT(R) ARRT,SCRQSA Cert., Radiologic Technologist
Experience:  AD Health Sciences & Radiologic Technology; ARRT RT(R); SCRQSA Cert.
8854570

MY TAILBONE HURTS WHEN I SIT DOWN..AND WHEN I STAND UP

Customer Question

MY TAILBONE HURTS WHEN I SIT DOWN..AND WHEN I STAND UP FROM SITTING DOWN.. I HAVEN''T FALLEN OR HURT IT .. WHAT COULD IT BE?
Category: Health
Expert:  Jon R. RT(R) ARRT,SCRQSA Cert. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Tail bone or coccxy injuries can be very painful.If you had no trauma to the area it is possible that it is a case of degenerative disease of the coccxy. Degenerative disease are changes that occur over time and will eventually manifest themselves either with injury or idiopathically,unexplained. There are a few things that you could do to ease the pain. Get a donut, small round padded cushion that you can sit on that will relieve the pressure when sitting. It would also be helpful to take an anti inflammatory. Here is a link to more information on coccyx pain and treatment.

http://www.coccyx.org/treatmen/first.htm

I hope this helps.If you have further questions feel free to ask. If not, Thanks