Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

heavy flow after missed period

is that normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 6 years ago.
Hello danzwidme

Welcome to just answer.

Whats your age?

Is there any history of unprotected sex?

Usually how long does your period last?

Are you on any pilla or medication?

Are you under any kind of stress for work etc?

Have you missed your periods ever before this way?

Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.suruchi's Post: I am 28 yrs. old. In 2005 i had a case similar to this my obgyn said that i didnt ovulate for a month. I took pills til may of 2006. I became regular then until this year. my last day of period was june 1, 2008. I used to be very regular 28-30 day cycle.My period lasts for 4-5 days. My last papsmear was done in oct oof 2005 and it was normal.I got stressed and a little depressed in january but i dunno if that was the reason. I had unprotected sex in october 2007 and was never active after that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think i need a obgyn and not a dentist...
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 6 years ago.
okay! i opt out thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you refder my case to ahealth care prvider or a obgyn? i appreciate you helping me but i need advice from an expert on women health
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 6 years ago.
all right sure!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
why do i get the feeling you are sounding sarcastic....did i offend you when i said i needed a ob gyn and not a dentist?
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 6 years ago.
Dear dazwidme

I was on my way to answer you but as you had a preference i opted out.

I have reported your question to other experts online.

They will help you soon

TAKE CARE!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, i just wanted to make it clear. I didn't mean to sound offensive i just wanted somebody from the womens health department to give me an answer.

Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 6 years ago.
I understand dear!

Its allright.

Thanks
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 6 years ago.
Hi

Can I help you?

For how long did you wait for your period?

Are you worried that you may have been pregnant and have had a miscarriage?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dr. Burk,

I am not worried that I might be pregnant or had a mis carriage...My last period was jan.1,2008 and i got my next period last mar.2,2008. I had a situation like this in 2005 , my papsmear turned out normal and i was given pills. it got regular after that until early this year. I got so stressed january i'm not sure if that was the reason why i missed my period. I have heavy flow now. I want to know if its normal or if i should be concerned.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 6 years ago.
Hi

A solitary missed period would not cause me any worry and the heavy flow is to be expected given that you have 2 months worth of endometrium to shed.

There are various causes for a missed period including stress , weight loss , excessive exercise etc.

I'd only seek a medical opinion if you had no period for 6 months ( that's what the textbooks say) or if you were having continual irregular periods.

Please get back to me if you need to.

Dr jef
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS MRCGP
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should i expect my period this month to be longer also? its been 17 days already. Should i set an appointment with a doctor? or wait a few more days
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 6 years ago.
17 days!

Yes you see your Dr.

You can have medication to stop your period.

Dr Jef