Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

swollen, burning lips,burning on front of tongue.

I''ve never had allergies, or have rarely been sick any of my life. This is very unusual for me. I do take hypertension medicine:    ziac, and benicar,   anxiety medicine: wellbutrin and celexa, and eye drops which I understand one is a beta blocker: xylatan and trusopt. These have never given me trouble before though. I noticed this after I''d had a couple of sips of a different red wine from what I''ve had before. This began on Wednesday evening, and it hasn''t improved at all; in fact I believe it''s a little worse.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

Do you have any new food in the last week?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, I haven't. I've recently moved into a new home, but I'm hoping it's nothing here that's causing it because that would be hard to take care of. I guess my reason for writing was to find out if you think this might cause breathing problems, or if I should just wait it out and hope it will go away? The roof of my mouth also has a burning sensation. I'm not uncomfortable; it's just that it's so unusual for me.. to have problems like this.
Stew1
According to your history it seems to me that it may be due to defficiency of Riboflavin (Vitamin B2).
There are many other causes of burning lips and tongue, next probable cuase is allergy.
Take B2 vitamin or Bcomplex vitamin.
Try to avoid hot drinks for some time and avoid red wine.
Eat Almonds, Cereals (enriched), Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Organ meats, Yogurt· ,Green leafy vegetables..these are rich in Riboflavin.
If swelling of the tongue is extensive then it can obstruct respiration.
If it doesnt improve within few days then contact your doctor.

If you need further clarifications, I will be happy to explain further.

If you find this information helpful, please press the ACCEPT button.

Bonus is always appreciated.

Your Positive Feed back is important to me.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.