Doctor_Manju, Physician & Gynaecologist
Experience:  Medicine Consultant .Well experienced in Emergency &Gynae

my middle finger on my left hand goes numb and turns ...

my middle finger on my left hand goes numb and turns white for approx 30 mins when I get cold. Sometimes the other hand and two fingers also at the same time. Any advise

Coldness and numbness are caused by constriction of the blood vessels.The discoloration is because less oxygen reaches the skin.It is often associated with diseases that affect the blood vessels (artherosclerosis, rheumatoid Arthritis etc.).Also it can be early stage of Raynaud's Phenomenon(a condition in which bluish discolouration and numbness of fingers appears on exposure of cold).

A physical examination and tests to determine blood flow can identify this condition.So I advice you to make an appointment with your physician.

Hope this helped.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have PBS does that have anything to do with it??
Do you mean IBS(Irritable bowel syndrome)?