Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.

Ativan & Methadone interactions

Hello-I am on Ativan 2mg up to 5x daily (9 yr now), Methadone 5 mg for opiate w/d, Synthroid, and Lithium Carbonate ER. I have extreme dizziness, can barely walk, BP is fine, lay in bed 20 hr a day due to balance and dizzy problems. Methadone was introduced 2 wk ago after Suboxone couldn''t be rx anymore due to ativan dangers. I've already been to the ER and they had no clue. I am looking for a reason this is happening so I can live again and for my 5 y/o daughter!!

Methadone side effects include light headedness, dizziness, extreme tiredness,so Methadone is the first to be considered as the cause of your symptoms.Ativan can also cause dizziness.

Have you checked your blood lithium levels recently? High levels of lithium in the blood can also cause dizziness and severe weakness.

Your doses most likely needs some modification, you should discuss that with your doctor.

Take care!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks again so much. Lani is a true asset here ;-)

Kim Endlich

You're much welcome and thank you very much for a nice compliments!

Take care of yourself for your 5 year old daughter!