Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

about every 3 or 4 months my feet swell, its either one or ...

about every 3 or 4 months my feet swell, its either one or the other foot. pain is sharp and can be at any part of the foot, lower, uper, toes etc. cannot walk from pain and it lasts for about 4-5 days, then it disappears. have been to a couple of doctors, first thing they think of is gout, but it is not, uric acid is normal. now have it again and for the first time also my knee swell, can hardly move it and pain is big. at this time i dont even know which specialist i should ask or if i shoud go to a ER. tks

I want to get some more detail information about your problem

How long this problem is occuring?

Do you have any other disease?

What are the tests have been done?

Waiting for the information.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have it for about 2 years now. mainly what has been tested is organ functions (liver, kidney, heart etc), blood, urine etc. Chiropractor had a look at the spine without noticing any major malformation. I suffer from hypertention (for what i take regularly medication) and cholesterol is on the higher limit, dont take medication for that.
Thanks for the information

From the history it appears that your heart , kidney & liver functions have been tested & are found to be in good condition.

Failure of these organs may lead to swelling of the feet but they usually does not cause pain . Moreover alone knee swelling usually does not manifest as a sign of their failure.

I feel you may consult Rheumatologist to rule out whether you are having any arthritic problem.
If the pain is severe you can go to ER to have it relieved.

If you find this information helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, positive feed back is appreciated.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer