Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I went to a concert last me it wasnt that loud

I went to a concert last me it wasnt that loud that it hurt...but since I have ringing in my ears and I cant hear well..things sound muffled. I dont go to concerts often in fact havent been to one in years so is this something I need to get checked out or just wait it out. I had EXCELLENT hearing prior.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

most likely , this is temporary , and will get resolved by its own. Take rest. However if you have vertigo, loss of hearing , then you should see your doctor.

common causes for ringing ears are-

Allergy, high or low blood pressure (blood circulation problems), a tumor, diabetes, thyroid problems,Medications like anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, sedatives, antidepressants, and aspirin.In your case, it seems to be temporary, if the symptoms dont get resolved in 4-5 hours , then see ENT doctor.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Its been 10 hours plus since the concert was over....should I wait another 4-5 hours before trying to locate and ENT or wait longer??
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

My opinion is that you can wait for maximum 5 hours, more and if the symptoms dont disappear , then see ENT doctor.

All the Best.