Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.

swollen gland on the left side of my neck about one jaw..head

I have had a swollen gland on the left side of my neck about one inch under my jaw for about 4 weeks. This causes me some discomfort when I turn my head very far to the right. I went to my doctor last week, and he put me on an antibiotic as treatment for infection due to sinus drainage and inflamed throat. I have been taking antibiotics since Monday, and my gland is not any better. Should I give it more time, or should I schedule another visit ASAP.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 8 years ago.
Since you have taken antibiotics for nearly 6 days now and you still have the gland, it would be better to show your doctor again.

The antibiotics may not be working and you need a check up again. You will need tests like throat swab culture and sensitivity for this. You should consult your doctor as soon as possible for a reexamination and possible change of antibiotics.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.