Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.

I have had pain inmy abdomin since post laproscopic ...

I have had pain inmy abdomin since post laproscopic endometriosis treatment,then a full hysterectomy. My abdomin is extremely sensitive to the touch where I can''t wear any clothes that touch my stomach like jeans etc. I have IBS-C so if I get bloated the pain is really bad. Tests show nothing inside my abdomin,my blood work is normal. Everything is normal but my pain. I am on treatment for IBS so that is not the cause it justcan make it worse. Do you have any ideas? It has been 11months since my Lap surgury and almost 5 months since my hysterectomy. I would love some kind of explanation from an expert. My doctors are stumped.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 8 years ago.

There are many causes of abdominal pain. But since you have been well investigated for the pain, and there has been no other positive findings, in my opinion you could be suffering from Fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia typically presents with diffuse muscle pain all over the body. However, one uncommon presentation is a deep cramping pain in the abdomen. This can be at any particular site. You need to approach a doctor who is skilled in fibromyalgia to get this diagnosed.

Some other causes of such abdominal pain which are possible for you are:

Thoracic disc herniation.

Chronic pancreatitis.

Addison's disease.

Spinal muscle or Vertebral body disorder.

Psychological disorders like depression and anxiety.

You need to approach your doctor and ask for these conditions to be ruled out.

You can look up here:

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.