Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

s penis has slightly curled upward at the end during erection

We''ve been married for 36 years. Teh last two times we''ve had sex, my husband''s penis has slightly curled "upward" at the end during erection. Since this has never happened before, is it cause for concern?

Hi linda

Is this bend noticed only during erection?
Is erection painfull?
Has your husband noticed a little shrinking / shorteningof penis?,noticed hardness on one or more side of penis?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to UrFriend's Post: Actually nothing else seems to be different, that he or I can tell. The shortening of penis that you mentioned, would this be just during erection? If so, I can pay closer attention. However, normal relaxed appearance is the same.

Some of the common cause of bent/curved penis includes

Peyronie's disease - About its symptoms I asked in my previous post.

Urethral structure - that is abnormal narrowing of urethra (may be because of inflammation,injury )
Symptoms include painful erection and painful urination (Not present in your husband)

Injury to penis

Sometimes in Peyronie's disease the initial symptoms are a painless curve of the penis that can occur suddenly or get worse over time. The penis may curve up, down or to either side.

It is difficult to comment what it may be without proper examination,but in my opinion you should go for a Urologist opinion regarding this .

If you have any follow up question,please tell me.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. This information has been helpful. As I looked up Peyronie's disease on the Internet, I do see where this could be my husband's situation. I'll suggest and appointment with a urologist.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

Thanks for coming to just answer.