Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

07, told he had gastritis, now told he has kidney stones

Customer Question

My husband was in the hospital for acute pancreatitis 8-07, told he had gastritis, now told he has kidney stones. I wanted to find out what was causing this. Wrote more detail on other message, was it saved?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Do you have the previous link? These are links of your questions;

You can click these links. The other way is to go to your profile and see for the questions. They are saved there with the links.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: the first message I wrote was not saved. My husband was hospitalized for pancreatritis 08-07.He was told he would get better if he quit drinking. My children and I told the docs that he did not drink and never had. At that time his blood test for amylase etc was high.
when he went back for a recheck 12-07 the doc asked if he had stopped drinking. I had explained nicely that he did not drink and never had 08-07 this time I WAS NOT NICE. He was sent to a specialist who did a colonoscopy and a EGD.
4 polyps were removed and his mucosa was very red. He was given an acid blocker. The acid blocker did not help so he went back and had a sono and a CAT scan. Gallbladder was ok but he has kidney stones. As a child he had malaria-7yrs and had Hep A and was bed ridden for 6mos at 14yrs. Do you see any correlation between his past history, pancreatritis, gastitis and kidney stones? Any reason why he is having these problems.

I would consider getting his parathyroid hormone assays. We have a saying which rhymes like this, for hyperparathyroidism;

Stones (kidney)

Bones (osteoporosis)

Abdominal groans (pancreatitis, gastritis)

Fatigue overtones (tiredness)

I don't think there is correlation of hepatitis and malaria with his present problem.

Feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun