Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

what are the side effects of citalopram

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Citalopram can cause following main side effects;

1) Central nervous system: epilepsy, tremors, restlessness, imbalance, in coordination, confusion, agitation, sweating, sleep problems, ringing in ears, etc.

2) Cardiovascular: fast heart beats,

3) Gastrointestinal tract: nausea, bloatiness, gas formation, upset stomach, loss of appetite

3) Endocrinal and sexual; weight loss or gain, impotence, less sex drive, orgasm problems etc.

4) Urinary tract: increased urination etc.

These are the main side effects. But individual people can have other side effects too. Read the link;

Your follow up questions are welcome.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I asked about a number of drugs and you have not told me the reason all these drugs would be prescribed to a patient? For this amount of drugs to be prescribed there must be a reason they are prescribed together. The drugs were norethisterone 5mg, neoclarityn 5mg, lodine 50mg, dicloflex 50mg, disclosing tablets, utovlan. please answer, I do not want to leave bad feedback. £12 is a lot of money for an answer less than 300 words I feel.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You still haven't answered my question adequetly enough for the amount of money I have paid. I'm dissappointed. Yes I recieved an answer but not to the other drugs I mentioned. I am new to this site and tried to amend my initial question where it says do you have any additions and you did not answer them! Please could you answer my full question?

Actually your rest of the question appeared after I sent the initial post. I am just coming back for rest of the answer. I am with another customer.

Please just hold on for 10-15 minutes.

Thank you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Much appreciated!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm looking forward to my answer. I hope it isn't too difficult or too long a question for you to answer.

Sorry for this delay.

Norethisterone 5 mg is taken for menorrhagia or excessive heavy periods. It can also be taken for postponing periods.

Iodine 50 mg is taken in iodine deficiency disorder, which may affect thyroid and may cause hypothyroidism.

Neoclarityn 5mg is taken for allergic disorders like rhinitis and chronic idiopathic urticaria.

Dicloflex 50mg is anti-inflammatory analgesic and is taken for musculoskeletal pain and rheumatological disorders.

Utovlan is same as norethisterone. Given for menorrhagia or endometriosis. Read the link;§ion=homepage

Disclosing tablets are used for dental plaques. Read here;

Hope this helps you. Please feel free for your further queries.

Kindest regards.

Dr. Arun