Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

i am 45 yrs old and have a broken tailbone it happen 20yrs ...

i am 45 yrs old and have a broken tailbone it happen 20yrs ago i am in server pain when i sit or lay in bed on my back or riding they want do epidural or coccygectomy is this painful
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 8 years ago.
The epidural would block the pain, now there is a little unpleasentness as they place the block but they do give you a local anesthetic so once the epidural was in it would cause you to be in alot less pain and I advise this procedure the most as it is very effective.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: will the coccygectomy surgery hurt will it help get raid of thin so it never come back
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 8 years ago.
Yes it could get rid of the pain altogether but they will want to try the block first before attemping surgery,. The surgery is not too high on the pain scale but you would have some pain at first and a recovery period for about eight weeks but you would get medication to control the pain or they may choose to leave the block in until you have had time to heal.