drsharmas, Doctor

I had my last period on Feb 9. The same day I started ...

I had my last period on Feb 9. The same day I started my period, I started a week of antibiotics. During that week (same week as placebo pills) I had sex without a condom once and with a condom once. I did not have sex for the next week. Since the 24th, my breasts have been tender. The only other times this month that I had sex was the 24th and 25th. I took a pregnancy test today, just to see, and as I expected, it came back negative. I take my pill everyday, within an hour or two of the same time each day. Is it likely or possible that I am pregnant?
Category: Health
Expert:  drsharmas replied 8 years ago.

Dear friend,

Your last period was on Feb 9 th, so the expected date of next period for you is around march 9 th if you have a normal menstrual cycle of 30 days.

tenderness in the breast doesnot tells about pregnancy.

I will advice you to wait if your period restarts on the expected day on march 9th.

if there are no periods then you can go for home pregnancy test for urine. If it is negative you can repeat it after a week as it is sometimes negative in the early cases of pregnancy. Fconfirmation of pregnancy USG of the uterus & adnexa is the investigation of choice.

If you have still any doubt left, you can ask me.

thank you!