Mrs. E Brush
Mrs. E Brush, Nurse
Experience:  RN, CNA II, BLS-CPR certified, Ordination current, Author of "In Exchange for Grace"
7454593

i have a sensation of dampness on my left inner ...

i have a sensation of dampness on my left inner thigh just above the knee, yet there is no moisture when touched. any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Mrs. E Brush replied 8 years ago.

This could be related to a circulatory problem or it could be a referred nerve sensation. In the case of a circulatory problem, the feelings of 'wet' and the feelings of 'cold' can be confused. The lack of blood flow makes the area feel cold and this can be confused with feeling wet. Causes for this include peripheral arterial disease, diabetes complications, clots and impaired circulation secondary to injury/other causes. In the case of referred nerve sensation, there is a compressed nerve in your spine that causes these 'ghost' sensations to appear along the nerve pathway... this would require xray/mri examination of your spine to determine if you have a budlging disc or other degenerative condition that may be resulting in the compression of nerves there.

I hope this is helpful in offering suggestions; please remember to press accept.