Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal

What birth control is best for age 48 -I have an

What birth control is best for age 48? -I have an Mirena IUD but not sure to replace or take a mini pill. I have gained weight since IUD and want something for minimal weight gain. I currently do not have menopausal symptoms.
Lo-estren 24 is the very best birth control pill I can recommend as the side effects are minimal you have shorter lighter periods and there is not alot of weight gain involved with this Birth Control Pill. So I would discuss this form of birth control with your physician as I feel this would meet all of your needs and also the fact of shorter and lighter periods make it that much better plus it will not interfere with any other medications that you may be on or cause any cholesterol issues.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: You really didn't answer my question in regard to the IUD versus the pill for my age.
The pill versus the IUD would be better at your age, I am sorrry I did not state that but that was why I recommended the type of birth control that I did. I feel this will not only help with less complications but also with less hormonal changes at your age as well.