Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

What could cause dizziness(head swimming), nervousness, and ...

What could cause dizziness(head swimming), nervousness, and fatigue while eating? I've been having it on and off for months. I had an episode today just as I started to eat. It lasts for about 30 minutes or so. Along on top of this, I have developed tachycardia. Tests have been ran and no cardiac indicators were found. I do have a little pressure in my stomach/esphogas and I have been taking Priolosec. I don't know if it's related or not. I have gone to doctors had blood work, and all negative. Please help guide me in my next step.

Do you get anxious while eating ?

Do you get any emotional distress?

How much do you weigh ?

Are you tring to loose weight ?

Please let me know,

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, not intentionally. No, I'm fine in terms of emotional state. I weigh 165 and I'm not trying to loose weight right now.
Do you take Prilosec every day ?

Do you find a relation between skipping the Prilosec and getting your symptoms ?

Please let me know,

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I take it everyday for a wee at a time or so and I had these spells before I started taking it.
Have you done any hormonal tests ? Thyroid or others ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, thyroid. My gyno tested my testosterone and she said it was slightly above normal as seen in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, That was because of unwanted facial hair.
From your clinical history and investigations, I can say that this is not a cardiac related issue.

Also, you are taking regular Reflux medication, so that rules out a reflux causing such symptoms.

You also have a normally functioning thyroid gland.

What is left is a hypertestosteronism, which can cause such nervousness and anxiety.

I would suggest you have a consult with a Psychiatrist to rule out any causes that can have such symptoms.

Anxiety, palpitations, fatigue, dizziness can all be brought on by a psychiatric cause.

I think a Psychiatric Consult is definitely warranted.

If that comes back normal, you might need to repeat the hormone profiles.

I hope this gives you some insight into your condition.

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already have gone that route and no relief. I have taken anti-anxiety medications and antidepressants.
I dont think I can offer any more help.

I have refered you to another doctor, you can take his inputs on this.

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Hello SLD

One possible condition with these symptoms is irritable bowel syndrome.

This type of presentation is also possible in Rapid gastric emptying.

Rapid gastric emptying, also called dumping syndrome, occurs when undigested food empties too quickly into the small intestine.

Rapid gastric emptying is usually seen after stomach surgery such as fundoplication or gastric bypass. It is also seen in people with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a rare disorder involving extreme peptic ulcer disease and gastrin-secreting tumors in the pancreas.

It is of two types
Early and Late Rapid gastric emptying.

Early rapid gastric emptying begins either during or right after a meal.Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramping, diarrhea, dizziness, and fatigue.I

In my opinion you should discuss with Gastroenterologist about these possibilities.

Regards
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics