Mrs. E Brush
Mrs. E Brush, Nurse
Experience:  RN, CNA II, BLS-CPR certified, Ordination current, Author of "In Exchange for Grace"

my whole head hurts - face, all the sinus areas, even my ...

Customer Question

my whole head hurts - face, all the sinus areas, even my teeth, have a bad cough. i''m so congested that i can''t blow my nose most of the time but what leaks out on its own is clear. when i CAN blow my nose, it''s a yellowish color. generally feel horrible...suspecting sinus infection.
Category: Health
Expert:  Mrs. E Brush replied 8 years ago.

It sounds very much as though you have a sinus infection and you may benefit from a prescription for antibiotics to help you to clear the infection. Additionally I would recommend non-medicated saline nasal spray (you can buy this at any pharmacy or walmart) to help break up the congestion. You will also want to increase your fluid intake (should be at at least 8-10 glasses of water daily) to help get the stubborn mucous moving. For your cough you may consider the 'honey treatment' instead of medications that can make you drowsy and feel worse... I will provide you with information on this at this link here:

I hope this is helpful to you; please remember to press accept and feel free to contact me if you wish to clarify what you are asking.