Dr.Bernon
Dr.Bernon, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine and Pediatrics

I feel like I have to pee a lot, but the amount I pee to ...

I feel like I have to pee a lot, but the amount I pee = to amount I drink so if I drink a lot I pee a lot if I drink a little I pee a little. Also the feeling is confusing, and it is difficult to tell whether I am going to ejaculate or urinate. It has always been urine though. The feeling grows strong when I am under stress, and is almost gone when I am not paying attention to it or concentrated on something else. But the second I realize this the feeling comes back.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Bernon replied 6 years ago.
Greetings Eva,

Since you are online, can you give me some additional information?
1) How long has this been going on?
2) Do you have any pain when urinating?
3) Is there any blood in the urine?
4) Are you taking any medications?
5) What is your medical history?

Sincerely,

Dr.Bernon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1- since saturday
2- No
3- N0
4- No
5- Can you be more specific. what do you need to know?

Also I talked to my mother and we looked up some stuff in books and on line and what not and she thinks it might be a urinary infection or a kidney one.
Expert:  Dr.Bernon replied 6 years ago.
Greetings Eva,

I think your mother is on the right track. I am concerned that you may have a urinary tract infection which needs treatment with oral antibiotics. Other symptoms of urinary tract infections (sometimes but not always present) include frequent urination and hesitancy while urinating. It the more severe form, urinary tract infections can cause high fevers, flank pain, nausea/vomiting and require intravenous antibiotics. Another possible cause of your symptoms is a kidney stone irritating the urethra (less likely).The best way to diagnose either is to see your physician and have a urinalysis done as well as urine culture.
In addition to antibiotics, I recommend keeping yourself well hydrated (to "flush out" the bacteria from your bladder) and drinking cranberry juice (or taking cranberry tablets) which help acidify the urine.

I hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Dr.Bernon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I will say I have had no pain as in: high fevers, flank pain, nausea/vomiting

Thank you for your help, can I ask just one more question why does it feel like I am going to ejaculate when I have to urinate. I have not ejaculated due to this yet, it has only been urine, and is there anyway I can stop this feeling?
Expert:  Dr.Bernon replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

The feeling that you are going to ejaculate is due to inflammation of the urinary tract including the urethra as is courses through the prostate. This is interpreted/confused by the brain as a sensation similar to that leading to ejaculation. It will resolve with treatment for the urinary tract infection.

Sincerely,

Dr.Bernon
Dr.Bernon, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, thank you for all your help and I will see a doctor as soon as I can.