Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

When ever I am tired, My legs hurt a lot, why is this so

Customer Question

When ever I am tired, My legs hurt a lot, why is this so? and I get tired real fast
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

Please provide more information if you would like us to answer this, such as:

What kind of work do you do? How many hours do you work per wk? How long are you on your legs daily? What type of exercise do you partake of? Are you taking any medication? Have you ever been diagnosed with any type of health problem? Do you have any circulatory problems or varicose veins?

Thanks, I'll look for your answer.

Susan, RN, MSN

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Susan Ivy's Post: 1. I am not working at the moment
2. I have iron deficiency and had a low hb level, which is now fine, but iron count is 64
3. I exercise ,just on the treatmill which in a non aggressive manner
4. Not on amy medications
5. If i spend time out a few hours in mall or generally, I just get tired and this causes my legs to throb

Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

Hello again, and thanks for getting back with more specifics. I think there are a lot of things that could make you feel tired. As far as the leg pain, you may need to make sure you have no circulatory problems. Especially if it continues or increases in intensity. But most likely if your iron level is that low, you should focus on that. The paremeter I have for Iron levels for women is 65-165. Has your doctor given you suggestions to follow for your low iron? Have you found the cause of the low iron? I'm giving you a link to an excellent page that will help you decide on the cause and treatment of your low iron:

Please seek your Doctor's care as insructed in this article depending on the cause of your low iron.

If you feel you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask me. Otherwise please click the "accept" button. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Luck.