Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a hot spot on the inside of my lower back ...

Customer Question

I have a hot spot on the inside of my lower back on my left side. I has lasted for about three weeks. I have used the Nuva ring for about two years and still have regular periods. three weeks ago it was sporaticbut now it last all the time and makes it hard to sleep. I don't have any other symptoms and am not on any other meds.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 9 years ago.
Could you describe what you mean by a hot spot, is this based on any test, or something that you feel subjectively,
regards
Dr. Gupta
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Dr. Cupta,
Thank you for replying. The feeling is subjective. And, no, I have not had any tests or seen a doctor. The best way to describe the feeling is that it's as though a low wattage light bulb feels like it's an inch or so under my skin on the lower part of my left back below my waistline a couple of inches. Just a few weeks ago when the feeling started it was occassional and came on suddenly as low heat. But, for the past days it's stayed warm all of the time. When I'm lying on my back it feels even hotter and I have to change position. I'm moderately physical, but have not done anything that would have hurt a muscle. Do you have other questions?
Thank you,
Molly