Michael
Michael, Therapist
Experience:  Master of Arts in Psychology

What dose it mean when under your rib cage hurts to the ...

Customer Question

What dose it mean when under your rib cage hurts to the point my middle of my back hurts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.

Since how many days you have such pain? Can you describe the exact location of pain? Is the pain radiating ? Do you have difficulty in breathing? Any other symptoms?

What is your blood pressure? Age and sex?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It comes and gose.under the right side of my rib cage.Sometime.I only get it when i get fastfood I think. i dotn know my blood pressure and my age 20 and f
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 years ago.

There are few reasons, which can cause this pain- acid reflux disease, pinched nerve, mascular pull, stress. In your case, it can be due to stress or excess secretion of gastric acid. Most likely, this is not due to any serious cause.

I will suggest , that you should get examined from your Physician, and get managed accordingly.

Take care

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So wait I have a 2 month old baby could that have cased this pain? bc I never had this pain before I had my kid?? I also have another ? 4 u
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 years ago.

Well, your baby , can not cause the pain. Ideally, you should get examined by your doctor , for clinical checkup.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So what do you think I should do for the pain like medion wise? and my boyfriend, he get these really bad headachs and he cant live with them some day and he has beed gettin them since he was really little. he is 22. male. he will try to eat something and sometimes it will go away but sometimes it wont. its right behide his eyes and he gets them as less 3 times a week if not more. what do u think i should do for him.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 years ago.

You can take OTC Painkiller medication and but it is time to get examined by your doctor.Your boyfreind, may be suffering from Migraine. he need to be precribed with medication, So tell him to see his doctor.

Please accept my answer by using the green "accept" button. Also,please leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
otc what does that stand for and I have sooner care and its been really hard to find a Dr. I also forgot to tell u that i thorw up when i get that pain. What can i get over the conter for my pain. boyfriend, he eats and drinks a lot of sugar could that be the problem and then when he gets the headach he drinks some pop and eats and sometimes it will go away. bc he will take tylenol and motions and that wont even work. is there anything i can do for him?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 years ago.

OTC stands for over the counter medications, as you said that you vommit also, then possibilty of gall bladder stone, need to be checked, You should be checked by your doctor.

Also your boyfriend medications, are not avalaible as otc, he need to be seen by physician. Physician can prescribe medications.

Please accept my answer.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So I could be passin a gall stone. If so wont I be in a lot more pain? bc my grandpa did and he was so bad he fell like he was diein. its fell like when i just eat surten fastfood like wendy with their is lettles on the sandwich and kfc.

my boyfriend could he have something really wrong with him?? like bad??
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 years ago.

Yes, pain in gall bladder stone, is very severe, but it is necessary to get ruled out. You should get examined by your doctor. Also your boyfreind, dont have any serious illness. Most likely it is migraine. he can be treated with medications.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well at 1 point i did have whole in my stomake but it was up by my ribs and they checked that gall stone and i didnt have then at that time but that was back in 2006.

Do u think that my boyfriend has hypoglasince. ya as u can tell i am not a good speller.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what is divertickulightis? and i have not clue if i spell that right
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its been like an hour can u answer??? well at 1 point i did have whole in my stomake but it was up by my ribs and they checked that gall stone and i didnt have then at that time but that was back in 2006.

Expert:  Michael replied 6 years ago.

First, if you want to try something simple to see if it helps relieve your pain, try the following:

- Avoid the greasy foods such as hamburgers at fast food restaurants. If you are still going to eat them, do not eat them for at least 4 hours before going to bed (i.e., lying down, even if you aren't going to sleep).

- Do not eat or drink anything for four hours before going to bed/sleep.

- Try taking an over-the-counter acid reducer like Pepcid, Tagamet, Zantac, or Prilosec OTC. (Most drug stores have much cheaper generics that will say on the package ("equivalent to Pepcid"). Take the generic and save the money. Follow the directions on the package exactly to get the best benefit.

GERD (or GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease) is a fancy name for heartburn. Heartburn can be very painful, causing vomiting, burning in the throat and/or mouth due to the acid the is brought back up, and while the pain is usually in the center of the chest and described as a burning pain in can vary in different people and even extend to the back.

Try these three steps for 7 - 10 days. If you feel no better you will need to see your doctor as there is nothing else over-the-counter that is likely to help. If you do feel relief, please try to stick to the food suggestions as strictly as possible and see if you can stop taking the medication.

If you weight more now than you did before you became pregnant, this may be one of the causes of this pain. The more someone weighs the more likely they are to have problems with GERD (i.e., heartburn). So maintaining a proper weight will also help (although it is not easily 2 months after delivering a baby to return to your old weight.)

Concerning your boyfriend, he needs to see a neurologist. These headaches can be due to a variety of things - some serious and some much less so. However, besides a thorough history and physical exam, the neurologist may want to do some simple tests (in the office or scheduled for later) that will help to find the exact cause of his headaches.

Once the exact cause is identified, an appropriate treatment can be recommended. There is help for severe headaches, but given your description of them they should not be left alone. They need to be evaluated by a neurologist as soon as possible or it is unlikely he will get any relief.

Good luck.

Michael, Therapist
Experience: Master of Arts in Psychology
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what dose it do? and thank u so much 4 helpin i will try this
Expert:  Michael replied 6 years ago.

Diverticulosis is the formation of tiny out-pocketings in the far end of the large intestine, not far from the rectum.

Diverticulitis is when these tiny out-pocketings become infected and/or inflamed.

The most common symptoms include lower abdominal cramping, constipation, diarrhea, and a bloated feeling. Trouble actually passing stool can also occur.

Who gets diverticulosis? About 1/3 of people aged 60 and over have it. It is extremely rare in anyone under the age of 40.

When these out-pocketings become infected or inflamed (diverticulitis), initial treatment consists of antibiotics. If this does not work surgery to remove the part of the colon that is inflamed/infected may be necessary.

People with diverticulosis need to eat a lot of fiber to keep things moving through the colon. This is believed to help prevent any tiny food particles from getting caught in the out-pocketings where they can lead to infection/inflammation.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so tell me if this is bad when i when in to the hospital with my son i weighted 205 after the hospital 180 now i weight 175?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 years ago.
how tall are you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
5 6or 5 7
Expert:  Michael replied 6 years ago.

A female at 5' 6" or 5' 7" should weigh around 135 - 155 lbs depending on her skeletal structure. I would try to lose some weight if you can as this may also help your symptoms.

Also, as you probably know, being even 15 lbs overweight can increase your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and other disease later in life. So losing weight has a huge number of advantages besides helping to relieve your current symptoms.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what should i do if my boyfriend wont go see a dr is a every stubrn man and he dont like the dr is there anything else u can think of for him?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 years ago.

If he will not go to the doctor his only option is to take over-the-counter pain medications such as Tylenol or Aleve. There is nothing much that will help him if we do not even know what is causing his headaches.

When he gets a headache he can try lying down in a dark, quiet room and taking a nap. IF these are migraine headaches they often respond best to sleep.

Otherwise, he will need to see a neurologist.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank u for helpin me and i am now goin to accept the answer u have give me THANK U