Michelle, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN 27yrs.background acute care, ob-gyn, pediatrics, community & home health, substance abuse, rehab.

I have soreness that almost feels like bruising around my ...

I have soreness that almost feels like bruising around my anus and the skin around the area is also sore and feels raw. I am not a homosexual nor have I experienced any trauma to the area. I have been married and for 22 years and my wife and I dont sleep around so it cant be a sexually transmitted thing. have had this problem for 2 moths now and have had enough. I dont have medical insurance as we had to cancell our $700 a month kaiser recently. just feels bruised and sore and raw feeling skin around the area. no blood or anthing and no fever and it isnt painful to have a BM, just kind of aches all the time right around sphinctor and feels bruised to the touch. Im hoping its something simple like a bacterial thing. thanks for any help
Category: Health
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Hello Sore one,

The excellent history and description of your concerns helps to rule out several possibilities and now days with the high cost of medical insurance people are more hesitant to see a medical professional because of the expenses incurred. Keep in mind that the medical advice given here without actually seeing you is based on generalities. Any advice you get here is for reassurance and will help you make the ultimate decision to see your health care provider or not. A nagging, aching discomfort as you have described without evidence of anal leakage, blood or history of hemorrhoids could be a number of conditions. For example chronic constipation, compressed nerves in the lower back, an anal fissure, an internal abscess or piles. First-degree piles are swollen tissue that always remain within in the anal canal; these are painless. To be sure, any of these possibilities should be sorted out by a doctor.

If you would like further clarification I will keep this communication open until you are satisfied.

Michelle RN