Michelle, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN 27yrs.background acute care, ob-gyn, pediatrics, community & home health, substance abuse, rehab.

I have severe internal body tremors and vibrations ...

I have severe internal body tremors and vibrations that cannot be seen or felt by anyone else. They are constant and vary in degree of intensity. I am a 79 year old male and have COPD and have had heart problems.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to "Just Answer". My pleasure to assist you with a little more information.

How long have you been noticing these internal sensations? Is your breathing pattern effected by this? Do you notice them to be more noticeable at certain times of the day or night? Please list your medications, dosages and what time of the day you take them. In addition to COPD and heart disease, do you have history of diabetes or any other chronic conditions? Alcoholic beverages? How often and how much? Live alone? Do you eat your meals on a regular basis? How long has it been since you were examined by your health care provider?

Thank you in advance for your answers to my questions or additional information you can provide.

Michelle RN

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Have had sesations for several weeks-have now become more intense and are constant-no diabetes or other conditions-no alcholic-live with spouse-eat regular meals very little appetite-drugs: coumadin, zocor, zantac, atenelol,mirtazapine,folic acid and caltrate -saw doctor 11/15/07.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

The internal shakiness or tremors could be caused from a number of things ranging from anxiety-depression to a neurological or metabolic-endocrine disorder or possibly from the medications you take. As has already been recommended by your health care provider, a neurological evaluation is the best place to start. A thorough knowledge of your history, a physical examination and labs ordered by the specialist will be very beneficial. My apologies for not being able to provide you with more answers regarding your concerns.

Wishing you better days ahead
Michelle RN