Kathleen
Kathleen, Nurse
Experience:  I'm a Registered Nurse with 30+ years of diverse Nursing experience including Emergency room.
7453440

top of his head and feels like a headache

Customer Question

what is happening inside when a person bends down to pick up something and he feels a surge or pressure going to the top of his head and feels like a headache. Can you help me out???
Category: Health
Expert:  Kathleen replied 9 years ago.

Hellojustme1957,

Thank you for posting your question.

The headache and surge is probably due to increased blood pressure. If this is something that you have never experienced, before, perhaps your blood pressure is somewhat elevated, and when you bend over it increases more. causing symptoms.

This is a fairly normal sensation. Some people tend to breathe improperly when they bend over, and this can contribute.

I would suggest you start with a blood pressure check. If you have further questions, please contact me.

Regards,

Kathleen

IF I HAVE ANSWERED TO YOUR SATISFACTION, PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT. FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED.