Melissa, B.S. Biology/Psychology
Experience:  B.S. Biology/Psychology - University of Georgia

greetings. i am between 7-8 weeks pregnant and the other ...

Customer Question

greetings. i am between 7-8 weeks pregnant and the other day i had intense full blown morning sicknes. Since then besides some back aches and waves of queziness after a meal i have not really gotten sick again. i have also noticed that my breasts now are swollen and tender in the middle of the night and early morning but during the day are no where near as much as they were the first few weeks. i have been worrying that this un-steadiness of symptoms means a misscarriage. i want all my smptoms back at once!!! the doctor wont see me till my sonogram and im praying this is normal. i don't have any type of bleeding or spotting and never did which keeps me calm. is this normal to feel sick one or 2 days and not another???????
Category: Health
Expert:  Melissa replied 8 years ago.

Yes, this is completely normal. Pregnancy symptoms, particularly morning sickness, tends to start subsiding as the pregnancy progresses and you approach the second trimester. The reason is because the level of pregnancy hormone, hCG, tends to level off around this time. Also, not every woman will experience horrible morning sickness during her pregnancy... it's a highly individual experience. For example, my mother only experienced a couple of episodes of nausea while she was pregnant with me (never vomited), while I vomited every half hour of every day for the first 7 months of my pregnancy (to the point of having to be hospitalized and put on IV fluids and antiemetics). As long as you're not having any abdominal pain, discharge, or bleeding (all signs of miscarriage), I would try not to worry... though I realize this is easier said than done when you're pregnant. ;)

I hope this helps!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to M. Carter, M.S.'s Post: thank you so much that was very helpful!!!!!!!!