DoctorS
DoctorS, Doctor
Experience:  MD, 30 years of medical practice
8358110

groin area..bilaterally..SCAR TISSUE due to this past surgery

I have a sharp pain whenever I do a deep bend on the lower right groin area. I know it''s not a Hernia - I had Surgery in 1965 for bilateral inguinal Exploration with removal lipoma cord on the right and repair internal and external rings bilaterally. Could this sharp pain whenever I do a deep bend over be SCAR TISSUE due to this past surgery ???
Category: Health
Expert:  DoctorS replied 6 years ago.

Hi Kimbo,

What is the sharp pain like? Where is it? Do you feel it anywhere else? It still could be a hernia - unfortunately hernias can return even in places where you've had surgery before. Have you had any other medical problems? How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Do you have any back pain? Does the pain come only when you bend? Have you had this evaluated by your doctor since?

DoctorS

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just a quick sharp pain in the lower right groin area. I don't feel it anywhere else. A doctor said I don't have a Hernia. Just hypertension and I'm taking medication. I'm 6'5" and weight 255lbs. NO back pain. ONLY comes when I make a sudden bend over. Doctors have said over the years (40 yrs)that I don't have a Hernia.
Expert:  DoctorS replied 6 years ago.

Hi Kimbo,

How long have you been having the pain? Have you been having bowel movements regularly? Passing gas? Are you able to eat? Any nausea/vomiting? Have you tried taking anything for the pain?

Has a doctor examined you since the pain started? It's always possible that an increase in weight or pressure in your abdomen could force the hernia through the same surgical site that was corrected, even years later. But if it persists, it should be evaluated by your doctor.

DoctorS

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to DoctorS's Post:

About 35 yrs. I have regular bowel movements. I'm able to eat .No nausea/vomiting. As I said before, only aspirin. Yes, and they found no indication of a Hernia. One doctor stated that it could very well be "scar tissue".

Expert:  DoctorS replied 6 years ago.
Then as long as it is just temporary pain when you lean over and isn't associated with the questions that your answered "no" to, then it could very well just be irritation of that scar tissue and not a problem. I would, however, recommend having it examined by your doctor at the first sign of any of the above things occurring or any change in the quality of the pain.
DoctorS, Doctor
Experience: MD, 30 years of medical practice