Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

my bp is still 140/90 or above and he has conducted 0 tests

i am currently seeing im md he has put me on 3 bp meds cozarr 100mg. qd/ zestoretic bid/coreg 25mg qd. my bp is still 140/90 or above and he has conducted 0 tests. should i change mds and if so what type md can best help me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

How long have you been taking the medication?

What is your height and weight?

How is the rest of your health, do you take any medication for other problems?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
zestoretic for several years coreg for 2months cozarr for 2weeks,ht5'4" wt 180lbs i have also diabetes for 10 years on glucophage and amaryl also RA which has caused immune def. am taking iv gammunex monthly
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

Being a patient with diabetes then we do like to see your blood pressure down a bit more.

You are overweight for your height so focusing on losing weight through increased exercise is essential. This will also help other problems as weight loss will also reduce blood pressure but I can appreciate with RA than movement may be difficult and painful. Swimming is a good place to start as this helps support the joints.

You have only been on the cozaar a couple of weeks so I would give it more time. You should also cut your salt intake down to below 6g daily as this has a direct effect on blood pressure.

If there is no response to the medication then you need to be under the care of a cardiovascular or endocrine doctor.