nursetips
nursetips, Nurse
Experience:  I have experience in many fields of nursing including geriatrics, pediatrics, medical and surgical.
8377347

normal period for me

Customer Question

Hi, i had my period as normal this month. Started on the monday and finished saturday morning. it was a normal period for me. Now 5 days later i have really light spotting its pale pink in colour, i have no cramps or burning sensation or any other symptoms, its not in my urine as i only noticed this when i wiped myself after going to the toilet although i did notice once that there was a mucas like bit in the toilet bowl which was red in colour but tiny. This is the first and only time i have had this. I had unprotected sex with my husband on saturday night and had a baby a little over six months ago. I was on the pill cilest for a couple of weeks but that was a few months ago and i have had 3 (including the recent) normal periods since this.
Category: Health
Expert:  nursetips replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Any time that you notice any type of vaginal bleeding or spotting it is very important to get it checked out by your doctor. It could be the start of an infection or it could be a small tear. I would calll and make an appointment and just get it checked out. It is always better to be safe rather then sorry. I hope this helps and I wish you luck

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So no idea what it could be?? Its not even really much to notice im just very aware about myself like that, wouldnt be a pregnancy that soon after a period would it??
Expert:  nursetips replied 6 years ago.

Hello

It is possible to become pregnant as soon as your period starts up after your last pregnancy. Your body is officially back to working and you can very well get pregnant again even this early. It is hard to say what exactly it could be just because it could be many things including nothing. I would say any time you have bleeding it is better to be safe and get it checked out. It might be an infection starting and maybe it is just very early and you haven't felt other symptoms. The doctor could take a urine sample and see if you have a bladder infection brewing. They can also do a blood test to test for pregnancy. It also just be a small tear from having sex and maybe not being fully healed although you should be healed up at this point. I hope this has helped you and I still feel it is important to go to the doctor and test your urine and get blood work done.