Dr. Hanson
Dr. Hanson, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Diplomate, American Board of Quality Assurance & Utilization Review Physicians

Fo two months I have had a strange flutter near my

Fo two months I have had a strange flutter near my left fallopian tube, at times it feels like a tremor because it is so strong. I have also had normal periods and have devolped a rash on my tongue for the last three weeks that look like thrush from the pictures I have seen. Do you have any ideas what this could be? As far as I know I am in good health and am 39 years old. The flutter is a everyday thing now and it just feels like something is stuck in that spot. I can not feel any knots or hard places. It feels like this happens four inches from my pelvic bone. I am 5 2 and weigh 110 pounds, small frame.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hanson replied 8 years ago.

You are feeling the sensation of blood circulating through an artery near your fallopian tube. I recommend that you have an arterial Doppler ultrasound to check the flow of your arteries in the area of your left fallopian tube. You might have a blockage in an artery which is causing a bruit. A "bruit" is an unusual sound that blood makes when it rushes past an obstruction in an artery when the sound is auscultated with the bell portion of a stethoscope.

If you have any questions please ask me.

Dr. Hanson

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What sort of obstruction could be possible if it is an artery that is blockek and how common is this?

Without a doppler I cannot tell you which specific artery could be blocked nor the amount of the blockage; however, from your description it sounds like your left ovarian artery might have some plaque causing it to become partially obstructed so that you feel a fluttery sensation as blood tries to flow past the obstruction.

This is a common problem among obese women and women who have peripheral artery disease. I advise you to be examined by a vascular specialist who should perform a doppler ultrasound of your left lower quadrant.

Dr. Hanson