Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

im 27 i have four kids and i always been geting the depo ...

im 27 i have four kids and i always been geting the depo after my fourth child i got back on the depo and i stayed on it less then a year i stop geting the depo becasuse i gained to much weight over 300 pounds my period came on may june and july and i think it came on august. and i havnt seen it sense it never did this before what could be. i ask the nurse who beening giving me the shot and she my weight.what do you think
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.

After the last shot, it takes between six and eight months for cycles to become regulated again. If it's been longer than 8 months, then you need to see your doctor for an evaluation. A hormone imbalance could be the case, or the weight gain. Your doctor would check your levels via blood test to see where they are at, and if an imbalance is occurring may give you hormones to correct it.