nursetips
nursetips, Nurse
Experience:  I have experience in many fields of nursing including geriatrics, pediatrics, medical and surgical.
8377347

what can I do about dreams and nightmares I am 74 years ...

Customer Question

what can I do about dreams and nightmares ? I am 74 years old and can''t rest at night. Am sleep the next morning but still dream if I sleep in the day time.
Category: Health
Expert:  nursetips replied 8 years ago.

Hello

I would talk to your doctor about the problem you are having and see if they can give you a medication to help with the symptoms that you are experiencing. They should be able to suggest something that would help you get to sleep at night and they might be able to help with the nightmares as well. You shouldn't have to be going through such a hard time when you sleep and your body needs a good nights rest. Sleep actually helps keep you healthy and helps with healing and if you are not getting enough sleep your body will feel the effects. It is important to talk to your doctor and work on getting the right medication to help your condition. I wish you the best of luck.