Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My handwriting has deteriorated greatly over the past two ...

My handwriting has deteriorated greatly over the past two years. It is totally illegible even for me to understand. Four doctors have been unable to understand why???

Greetings.

Do you have pain or cramps while writing?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: No, no pain in hand or arm. Or any strange sensation.

I would opt out and let my fellow experts take the question.

Thanks.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: Thankyou Dr Arun. What do I do now???
The most worrying cause would be a neurological problem like a lesion in the basal ganglia of the brain, or a peripheral nerve problem.
These can cause slow deterioration of handwriting.
Rarely a brain tumor can produce this symptom too, however given the fact that this has been going on for two years, it is not likely.
At the very least a neurological opinion with possible neuroimaging of the brain (MRI ) would be appropriate in your situation,
regards
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you Dr Gupta, could this also be the reason that both of my hands (only on the backs and inbetween the fingers) itch ALL the time. I have played at food detective plus, lotions and detergents, have taken anti-histamine and used hydrocortisone cream. Nothing seems to stop the incredible itching. There is nothing noticeable on the hands ie a rash etc. I can feel under the skin a slight bumpiness, not visible to the human eye?????????
Thakyou
Cilla
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
You are asking me to accept, but I have no knowledge of what this will cost and also you have NOT answered my last e mail.???
Regards
Cilla
I apologise for the lack of response.
The itching is unlikely to be related to this problem, I would like you to be treated for scabies after evaluation by a dermatologist. Sometimes this can happen even without an obvious rash.
A less likely problem could be itching due to a neurological problem, but this needs to be checked by a neurologist when evaluating your condition,
regards
Dr. Gupta