nursetips, Nurse
Experience:  I have experience in many fields of nursing including geriatrics, pediatrics, medical and surgical.

right leg..blood..tongue, top lip, bottom lip and lower jaw

I have recently had a strange symptom of a feeling of blood rush to the right leg that started as though I had had my leg trapped or the blood restricted and all of a sudden released. This was shortly followed by a pins and needles feeling in the tip of my tongue, then the whole of the tongue, top lip, botXXXXX XXXXXp and lower jaw that lasted some 8-10mins prior to all symptoms subsiding. Could you please let me know if this is synonomous with any complaint or wether I need to get a check up at all?
Category: Health
Expert:  nursetips replied 8 years ago.

It is very important to get your symptoms checked out by a doctor. You are listing symptoms that could be related to many conditions. It sounds like you might have a circulatory problem with the feeling you are describing in your legs. The numbness in the jaw and tongue could be something that needs to be looked into and maybe the doctor would suggest getting a CAT scan of your head to rule out any problems there. It is VERY important to get to your doctor and get checked out. It is always better to be safe rather then sorry. I hope this helps you and Good luck