Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

I itch all over and feel like I getting bit by something - ...

Customer Question

I itch all over and feel like I getting bit by something - I have bites up my arms and back - has been going on for about three months. finding 1centimeter size white things in the middle of my bites and it looks like two bites sometimes next to each other - but i itch everywhere even in my nose- what is it - im going crazy - they are also leaving scars from itching so bad
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hello

How long have you had this problem?

Have you spoken with a Dr already?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
went to small town doctor and she was not sure what it was put a sample under micro - and said she did not think it was scabies- gave me medication for itching
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

Do you itch even where there are no obvious "bites"?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes even the inside of my nose but mostly i seem to get bites, they go away after intense itching and scrating and new bites appear- and it just seems to get worse and I cant seem to get it to stop.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

Have you any "bites" on your face?

Have you any other physical or mental health issues?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no that whats strange no bites on my face just on my neck shoulders and down my arms, few on my legs - and no other physical or mental issues.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hello

There are a couple of things that I would check.

1.kidney function

2.liver function

If these are normal then I would consider a psychological problem highly likely such as prurigo nodularis.

Dr Jef

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/prurigo_nodularis.html
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I would like to accept this answer - but is it possible that i have some kind of staph infection - please answer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have lookeed at many pictures on internet and my bites look alot like dust mites - do they lay eggs and if they do lay eggs in my skin is this whats causing my itching and is this why its notgoing away - if you have a reason to think different please explain
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

I'm not surprised that you do not accept my answer this is the usual response in this situation.

Dust mites do not bite - they are everywhere and live off dead skin cells.

Are you convinced that you have an "infestation"?

Dr Jef