Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.

In 1991 I had a pan hysterectomy. Afterwards I had no ...

In 1991 I had a pan hysterectomy. Afterwards I had no problems when I had intercourse, but for the past year, intercourse is becoming more difficult. The inside of my vigina seems to be closing making it difficult for me to accommodate my husbands penis. There is much pain and I feel that he is tearing me apart. Afterwards, I''m bleeding and swollen. What could be going on with me?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Are you on hormone replacement therapy?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Lani, BSN,RN's Post: I stopped taking HRT approximately three years ago.

Hello Ma'am,

One of the effects of hysterectomy is shortening, scarring and dislocating vagina - that is one of the life long effects of hysterectomy. In addition,as age progresses, the body undergoes many changes among those changes, muscles elasticity are decreased and regresses. Hormonal effects has also a great role to play, without the required hormones, sexual functions are altered and could become sex an undesirable experience.

Resuming an HRT may offer some help so you may reconsider that matter.

I hope that helps.