Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had about 9 oz of scotch last night at 8 00pm. I was ...

I had about 9 oz of scotch last night at 8:00pm. I was notified of a urine screen test for a past DUI I need to take at about 4:00pm today. That would mean about 20 hours. Is there anything I can do to rid my urine of the alcohol by the time of my test?
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 years ago.
The rate at which alcohol itself is removed from the body is approximately 1 drink per hour. Urine produced after that time (to be safe, it may be 1.5 hours per drink) would be free or ALCOHOL. (9 drinks * 1.5 hours = 13.5 hours or 9:30 AM)

IF you are under a court order to be completely ALCOHOL FREE, you may also be tested for EtG - a metabolite of alcohol that can be detected (depending on the specific reference from 3-5 days)
http://www.firstlab.com/services9.asp

There is NOTHING you can do that will remove or mask this substance in your urine (if this is the testing that will be done)